ct for SCO Unix

Phil Fuhrman fuhrman at hpavla.avo.hp.com
Tue Dec 4 14:32:21 AEST 1990

>Does anyone have a working version of SCO's "ct" command???
>My SCO system came with a ct that actually does the callback
>but then does not allow you to login.

The problem is that when you exec ct from a session it runs with your
'login uid'.  Ct-getty-login all inherit it.  When login tries to
set luid after you enter your login name it finds luid already set.
This causes the 'Bad login user id' message. Maintaining luid separate
from uid is a SCO security enhancement.

Ct itself is not the cause.  If ct were run from init (which runs without
a login uid) it probably would work fine.

Phil Fuhrman
R&D- Analytical Products
Hewlett Packard Co.