configuring MMDF on SCO UNIX V/386

Brian Evans Esq bevans at tanus.oz.au
Sat Dec 22 12:36:03 AEST 1990

jrp at rducky.uucp (JIM PICKERING) writes:
>Having found the manual lacking, I am ready to appeal to the NET for help.
>
>How do I configure MMDF to send mail with unresolved addresses to
>another machine?  I see the mention of badhosts and the root domain, but
>there is no example files or a good explanation of what to do.

Jim,

What I have done in the past and this seems to work is to edit the badhosts
entry in the mmdftailor file.  You should set this entry to your upstream site
so mail that can not be routed on your machine can be passed to your up stream or
equivilent site for delivery.  Don't forget to run dbmbuild to set your files
up.

Also, I assume that you are on a UUCP connection to the site, mail for hosts
that can not be reached directly from your site should pass via uucp to your
upstream site.  You will also need to edit the file /usr/mmdf/table/root.dom.
Take a look at this file anyway.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

 _--_|\        Brian Evans      Internet: bevans at tanus.oz.au
/      \       P.O Box 232    Compu$erve: 72500,1355 | Fax: +61 3 412-1551
\_.--._/       Avondale Heights, 3034            VoiceMail: +61 3 506-1629
      v        Victoria, Australia