configuring MMDF on SCO UNIX V/386

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Sat Dec 15 02:26:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec13.220521.12840 at rducky.uucp> jrp at rducky.uucp (JIM PICKERING) writes:

>How do I configure MMDF to send mail with unresolved addresses to
>another machine?  I see the mention of badhosts and the root domain, but
>there is no example files or a good explanation of what to do.

A three-part explanation of the setup in words of one syllable was posted
to sco-list at uunet.uu.net some time ago by a helpful person at SCO.  It
shows how to configure SCO UNIX 3.2.1 for a uucp connected site/network
and a TCP/IP connected site/system plus changes in the way the daemons
are started for SCO UNIX 3.2.2.  I can mail copies if they are needed.

It works - my ODT 1.0 box is exchanging mail with the IU CS VAX 8800
using SMTP.

Further information is available in the unx167 update (apparently -
I haven't looked) and in the SCO UNIX 3.2.2 system administrator's
manual.  The diffs for MMDF II level 43 have also been posted; the sources
for that version contain numerous examples and copious documentation (it's
available via ftp from UUNET or uucp from their 900 number; other anonymous
uucp sites, including mine, have it.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408