What's the latest XENIX version?

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Wed Dec 12 19:05:15 AEST 1990

In <1990Dec10.185212.8908 at intsys.no> ra at intsys.no (Robert Andersson) writes:

>I wanted to upgrade to the latest versions, and get online documentation,
>so I called the Norwegian XENIX distributor.  They told me:
>2.3.2 is the latest OS version.

Technically this is correct, though you can upgrade to 2.3.3 with xnx155b

>2.3.0 is the latest Dev.sys. version.

No, 2.3.2 is the latest version.   The upgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 is
free.  The upgrade to 2.3.2 will cost you some..

>1.2.0 is latest VP/IX version, upgrade cost is $260.

Yes, this is the latest version of VP/IX and it's worth the upgrade cost!
They fixed up a whole bunch of little problems, and improved speed by
quite a bit.

>You cannot get online manuals for XENIX 2.3.

This is not true.  They come with the text processing system!

>Am I right?  Is the distributor right?  Or is it simply that SCO releases
>stuff in the US, and that it reaches Europe a lot later or never?

Yes, you are basically correct, and yes the rest of the world get SCO
products alot later than the USA.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP