xnx128 SLS -- can I get it for SCO Xenix 2.3.3

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Mon Dec 24 13:52:52 AEST 1990

In article <70 at gdx.UUCP> jay at gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) writes:
}
}
}I have SCO Xenix 2.3.3 and the problem that xnx128 is supposed to fix.
}When I try to install it, it says only for 2.3.{0,1,2}.
}

The support level supplement xnx155b includes the fix contained in
xnx128.  If you upgraded your system to 2.3.3 by installing VP/ix or
Xsight, then you should install xnx155b to obtain this fix.  (If it
wasn't for the fact that xnx128 installs on '286 Xenix, and on 2.2.3
systems, it would have been discontinued by now.)  If you have
installed xnx155, and you still have the 'garbage or loose cable'
problem, then installing xnx128 won't help you.

As a side note: the 'garbage or loose cable' problem is usually due
to one of two things: either your modem is set to send "RING" when
ringing, or you have an unusable internal modem.  I've seen enough
problems with internal modems - especially the cheap clones - to
develop a major prejudice against them: I always suggest using an
external modem if at all possible.

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz at sco.COM
We only know in theory what we are doing.   - Kate Bush
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.