Xenix, VP/ix, and VGA

John Lawitzke jhl at frith.msu.edu
Fri Dec 7 08:31:41 AEST 1990

I believe there has been discussion on this topic before, which I didn't
pay attention to.

Environment:

SCO Xenix 2.3.2
SCO VP/ix 1.1.1
VGA Adapter based on Cirrus Logic chipset
VGA Color Monitor

WHen VP/ix starts up, it makes application think I am a regular
monochrome monitor. If I run a graphics application and force it to be
in VGA mode, color graphics display in grayscale.

Using debug, INT 11H claims I have a monchrome card and the display
buffer is at B0000H. A color card's display area would be at B8000H.

As I recall previous discussion, this lack of color is consist across
platforms. Is this true?

Has anyone gotten color text or graphics to work with VGA?

Advance thanx,

--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu