Xenix, VP/ix, and VGA

Kevin Weller n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu
Sat Dec 8 11:27:21 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec6.213141.14357 at msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jhl at frith.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:

   WHen VP/ix starts up, it makes application think I am a regular
   monochrome monitor. If I run a graphics application and force it to be
   in VGA mode, color graphics display in grayscale.

   Using debug, INT 11H claims I have a monchrome card and the display
   buffer is at B0000H. A color card's display area would be at B8000H.

   As I recall previous discussion, this lack of color is consist across
   platforms. Is this true?

   Has anyone gotten color text or graphics to work with VGA?

   Advance thanx,

   --
   j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
   Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu

I had the very same problem earlier this year.  I'm afraid I can't
give you a technical explanation of what's wrong, since I don't have
one.  I fixed my problem by returning the Oak VGA card to my vendor
and purchasing a Paradise VGA card as a replacement.  Replacing your
video card is about all I can recommend, but it worked for me!
--
internet: n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu                |  aTm  |  GIG 'EM, AGGIES!  |