Do I really need to BREAK to change baud rates?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Dec 26 14:54:41 AEST 1990

In article <134 at mixcom.UUCP> sysop at mixcom.UUCP (System Operator) writes:

| 3. If you are using SCO UNIX 3.2.2, get the getty from 3.2.0.
|    The 3.2.0 getty will interpret a RETURN the same as a
|    break, causing it to cycle through the baud rates specified
|    in gettydefs.  This feature was "fixed" (removed) in 3.2.2.

  Would someone from SCO like to reply to this? I have some comments,
but I don't want to bash SCO until they have a chance to comment on
this. Of course if they say that I should educate my users (as they did
on the Xenix versions of the problem) I will ask just how to do that be
fore they get a connection over which I can send data>
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX