sysi86(S) in SCO Xenix

John Lawitzke jhl at eecae.msu.edu
Wed Dec 5 07:32:29 AEST 1990

I am in the process of porting a package from AT&T UNIX 386 to SCO
Xenix 386.

A key portion of the package uses the SI86DSCR function of sysi86().
Unfortunately, the SCO Xenix manual entry for sysi86 claims support
for SI86DSCR. However, calls to it would always fail. After running adb
on /xenix. I found that the sysi86 call in the kernel only supports
SI86FPHW, SETNAME, and SI86V86 and not the STIME, SI86DSCR, SI86MEM, and
SI86SWPI calls as documented in the manual.

Is there an equivalent call to sysi86(SI86DSCR,...) that I can use in
SCO Xenix? SCO Unix does support the call, but for the project at hand,
I don't need to hear "You're screwed, use SCO Unix instead".

Advance thanx,
--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu