Polling w/ USR dual standard

Mika Ilmaranta d37630m at kaira.hut.fi
Sun Dec 23 00:37:58 AEST 1990

Hi,
	I've a SCO Xenix 2.3.2f GT with Streams RT and TCP/IP RT
	packages. The problem I'm going through is how to make
	my system poll-other sites with the USR dual standard I've
	attached to it. It also has an other modem. Both lines are
	dial-in now.

	I have trouble making it impossible to login on the other line
	and call out from the other with kermit. Now both modems have
	AT-command set disabled to make sure that anyone else than
	a real hacker can't dial out ... I mean that is it possible
	to successfully use 0600-mask on a tty while getty is running?
	As I did that it seemed working until someone wanted to use
	write (the mask was still 0600).

	Hope someone out there has a system like mine and has done
	a dialer for the USR DST using 19200 baud.

Thaks for any help in advance ... Happy netting, sorry for bad my english
-Merry christmas and a happy new year too!
--
I still think it's easier to use an amiga in spite of the gurus than
any unix 'thing' on the market. (God, I hate that BP?? stuff)