help with uucp needed

Shawn P. Stanley shawn at marilyn.UUCP
Mon Dec 31 06:41:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec28.190803.19672 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> pacolley at violet.uwaterloo.ca (Paul Colley) writes:
>Indirect UUCP doesn't work for me either.  So far, the only reply has
>been along the lines of "tough, call direct".

Perhaps one uux along the route is "broken".  It has to be able to send
a file more than one hop.  Another consideration is that many flavors of
uucp won't send a file greater than a certain size; you might try splitting
it up into pieces and combining them on the receiving end.

(Maybe you can split the file up using a uux command, assuming the
permissions are set, and then request the various pieces...?)
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn at marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
tcnet!marilyn!shawn      {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn