Need suggestions for serial board w/ Xenix 2.3.2

Roger Bielefeld rab at hal.cwru.edu
Fri Dec 14 07:27:28 AEST 1990

Three different serial boards have been suggested for use
with our Xenix 2.3.2 system (20 MHz 386 soon to be upgraded
to 25 MHz with 10 meg memory soon to be upgraded to 16 meg):

	Consensys Power Ports and Power Ports HD

	Specialix SI/8, SI/16, and SI/32

	Computone IntelliPort

Does anyone have opinions as to which of these have especially
nice features, good performance, etc?  Also, are there any
suggestions for boards from other manufacturers which work
especially well under Xenix 2.3.2?

BTW, we'll probably want to add 8 ports immediately and have
the option to add 8 more later.

Thanks in advance for any information.  If there are sufficient
requests to do so, I will summarize here the responses I receive
in e-mail.

Thanks!

Roger

--
Roger Bielefeld     Case Western Reserve University
rab at hal.cwru.edu    Cleveland, Ohio  USA