TCP/IP connection between Xenix and Macintosh

John Romkey romkey at asylum.SF.CA.US
Wed Oct 24 09:27:02 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct22.214503.2167 at cjbsys.bdb.com> cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com (cliff bedore) writes:
>FTP software
>(the company) telnet and rlogin do work fine and since they are from the same
(as PC/IP)
>obviosly, FTP made theirs more robust but I don't know what they did.

Actually, FTP's telnet is very different from PC/IP's. The TCP and the
telnet are complete reimplementations from the ground up. The telnet
handles many more options, and does option processing differently.
PC/TCP was based on PC/IP, and the version 1 series of the product did
substantially resemble PC/IP, but the version 2 code is very
different.
--
		- john romkey			Epilogue Technology
USENET/UUCP/Internet: romkey at asylum.sf.ca.us	FAX: 415 594-1141