TCP/IP connection between Xenix and Macintosh

Lance N. Antrim lance at embassy.nsi.com
Mon Oct 22 01:56:30 AEST 1990

with tcp/ip 1.0.1 and my Macintosh running NCSA Telnet.  When it works,
it works great.  It even gives me dial-in access to my files on te Mac
via ftp.  However, my ability to open a session from th Mac to the Xenix
box is intermittent.  There is always a connection, but sometimes it
holds for a login and sometimes it doesn't.  If it didn't connect at
all, then I would have some ideas of wht to look for, but when it works
10% to 20% of the time I am at a loss.

Has anyone had similar problems of intermittent connections for telnet
sessions?   Since I do get some of the connections, I know that the files
(/etc/hosts and other related files) are all there and correct, so I am
stumped.  Suggestions will be appreciated as I am just learning to set
up and administer tcp/ip and telnet.

Thanks,
Lance Antrim
lance at nsi.com