multiport serial board info needed

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Wed Oct 24 05:08:58 AEST 1990

dt at mathcs.emory.edu (Dave Taylor {guest}) writes:

>We are looking for a board with good multi-screens.  Mscreen just doesn't cut
>the mustard and if we can have everything done on the I/O board, then we can
>save the extra CPU processing as well as memory.

[ Removed stuff about specific vendors ]

We've found the Specialix boards and their multiple screens work very
well.  However...

I'd have to ask "Why worry about the hardware vendor?  Why not try
MultiView?"

No, I don't own stock in JSB (who makes MultiView) or SCO (who sells
it for XENIX).  I DO use it and LOVE it.  Little windows all over my
terminal screen and stuff.  Print screen and cut and paste and...

It's pretty neat.  Might be worth considering, and it's independent of
the multiport board vendors!  Some of the board vendors (Stallion is
one, I believe) have included some stuff to optimize the functioning
of MultiView, too.