Upgrade Path SCO (XENIX -> UNIX)

Kory Hamzeh kory at avatar.avatar.com
Mon Oct 29 05:56:41 AEST 1990

I happen to agree with you. SCO Unix is not a stable product. If you did
happen to upgrade, DO NOT USE THE MICROSOFT C COMPILER!!!. It generates
*wrong* code. Use rcc instead.

I can't get usenet stuff to even compile much less work. If any has gotten
usenet B News 2.11 to run *please* lend me a hand.

I got smail 2.5 to compile, but it send 2 copies to e-mail: one to the
proper domain name, and one to user at hostname.UUCP. I think this is some
kind of configuration error on my part. If anyone has gotten smail to work,
*please* help me.

I also couldn't get rn to work. Configure seems to run fine, but it barfs during
compile.

'Patch' seems to act very strange also.

Enough whining.

--kory

Kory Hamzeh             UUCP: avatar!kory or ..!uunet!avatar!kory
                    INTERNET: kory at avatar.com