Peter Norton Utilites

Bruce Adler bruce at segue.segue.com
Sun Oct 14 13:26:42 AEST 1990

In article <78 at abode.UUCP> eric at abode.wciu.edu (Eric C. Bennett) writes:
>I have heard (or read) that Peter Norton (famous for Norton Utilities and
>Norton Advanaced Utilities amongst other things) has a Norton's Advanced
>Utilities for XENIX. Apparently it does all the things that the DOS one
>does (fixes fragmented hard drives, file recovery, etc). Does anyone know
>if this is true? If so, does anyone know the price?

The Norton Utilities for System V is currently only available for
INTERACTIVE UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2, Version 2.0 or higher; or
AT&T's UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2.  It includes a subset of the
Advanced Utilities plus a couple of new functions.  Although Norton
UnErase and Norton Disk Explorer are included in the product, "fixing
fragmented hard drives" (Norton Disk Doctor) and "file recovery" (Norton
File Recovery), et al, are not yet included.  Note: all of the utilities
in the product are real, fully integrated, UNIX programs not DOS
programs.  For more info contact ISC at +1 (213) 453-8649.
--
bruce at segue.com, ism.isc.com!segue!bruce, aero.org!segue!bruce