Peter Norton Utilites

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Thu Oct 11 21:07:40 AEST 1990

eric at abode.UUCP (Eric C. Bennett) writes:

>I have heard (or read) that Peter Norton (famous for Norton Utilities and
>Norton Advanaced Utilities amongst other things) has a Norton's Advanced
>Utilities for XENIX. Apparently it does all the things that the DOS one
>does (fixes fragmented hard drives, file recovery, etc). Does anyone know
>if this is true? If so, does anyone know the price?

I don't believe that it is true. I recall reading in UNIX Review (or some other
industry rag) that it is currently available for Interactive's 386, and ports
are planned for SCO UNIX. There wasn't any mention of an SCO XENIX version,
or plans to port.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --