COM3 & COM4 on XENIX 2.3.2

Marty Wiedmeyer mort at dhump.lakesys.COM
Tue Oct 23 03:21:24 AEST 1990

I have a 386/20 clone (Citus 386 DT) running XENIX 2.3.2. GT

It came with 4 serial ports, 2 on a multi function card (HD
& floppy controller, 2 serial & 1 parallel ports) and 2 on a
serial/parallel card.

/dev/tty1[aA] and /dev/tty2[aA] work just fine, however I am having
one heck of a time getting tty3[aA] and tty4[aA] to be recognized.
They (3 & 4) are not seen at boot, so mknod doesn't work.

SCO sez that COM3 & 4 aren't supported as serial devices. If you want
more than 2 terminals/modems, you have to have a multi port card.

But, he said that he remembers that some have done it! And that he'd
"seen it on the net".

Has someone done this successfully???

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Marty Wiedmeyer