I/O problems, double panic

Randy Steves randy at ghp.UUCP
Tue Oct 23 01:44:58 AEST 1990

 would appreciate if someone could add some input to a hardware problem.
The system in question is running SCO Xenix on a 386 based platform. The
operating system has produced the error message:

	double panic
	intermitant disk i/o errors becoming more prograssive and frequent.

My question is. Does this seem like an error resulting form a flakey controller
or is this imply possible back blocks on the disk or is the error not conclussive.

If any other information is required, please ask. I am posting this message for
a friend and this is all I have. If needed I could possibley get more info.