Backup tapes - 4mm DAT

Dave Taylor {guest} dt at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Oct 20 04:25:35 AEST 1990

Does anyone have much experience with the new 4mm DAT tape drives?  There
are about 4 available that I know of:

	1)  Hewlett-Packard	2)  WangDAT
	3)  Mountain		4)  Archive

We did have a WangDAT tooked up to a propietiary IBC 486 XLB, but we suspect
that their driver is flacky.  Which of these manufacturers delivers a ROCK
solid device driver for a standard Intel-box.  Even if you are running on a
non-Intel box I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks in advance,

--david
David E. Taylor, OMSS UNIX Development // Operation Mobilization USA
AT&T: (404) 631-0432  +====+  UUCP: {decvax, sun!sunatl, gatech}!emory!omusa!dt
FAX:  (404) 631-0439  +====+  Internet: dt%omusa.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu
--
David E. Taylor, OMSS UNIX Development // Operation Mobilization USA
FAX:  (404) 631-0439  +====+  Internet: dt%om.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu