Mounting existing DOS partition under VP/IX

Alan H. Mintz alan at mq.com
Fri Oct 5 11:43:53 AEST 1990

In article <49 at rscsys.UUCP>, bob at rscsys.UUCP (Bob Celmer) writes:
> Are users of VPIX able to use an existing DOS partition?  Since this seems
> to be a reasonable expectation, what must be done to accomplish it?  (or is
> it an option at installation time?)   Where might one find out more about the
> VPIX product (Other than my friendly neighborhood retailer :-)

Yes. The first DOS partition on your C drive is available as drive D:. You can
set up your CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, etc. to actually remap this to C:
so that applications that need to be on C: can be. Note that VP/ix will not
recognize the DOS extended partitions (D:, etc.)

You can also install DOS apps on the XENIX fs through use of a mapping command
that works like the DOS SUBST command, allowing any given path to be mapped to a
drive letter.
--
< Alan H. Mintz             | Voice +1 714 980 1034       >
< Micro-Quick Systems, Inc. | FAX   +1 714 944 3995       >