VGA under 2.2.3 (286)

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 11:16:02 AEST 1990

Here I go again....
Last night I was given a brand new Leading technologies VGA monitor
and VIP (ATI) card for use on the BBS.  Well, this Xenix version, as
most you probably know dosn't support VGA, just CGA or EGA.  (I called
the dealer the monitor came from and am told EGA monitors are made any
longer.)  I hate to drop down to a CGA, as the graininess drives me up
the wall, and I plan to upgrade to 2.3 in the future, but, can't right
now as the bucks just aren't there.

Scanning the /sys/io libraries, I've noted "hooks" for VGA in the libs
in several places, possibly telling me that SCO may have the code in
place, but not the driver.  Can anyone conferm this in any form at
all?  I hate having a nice monitor I can't put to use anytime soon.

Is it possible to create a /dev/vga and link it to /dev/ega?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
scotty at ozdaltx