Can't access second all-DOS disk with Xenix 2.3.1 DOS utilities

Douglas Floer dougf at mdavcr.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 03:26:49 AEST 1990

I've added an all-DOS disk as the second drive on my system.  In order
to get the DOS utilities on 2.3.1 to see the drive, I'm supposed to run
'mkdev hd'.  Since I don't have a Xenix partition on the disk, 'mkdev
hd' fails with:

	WARNING: There is no ACTIVE XENIX partition.
	/etc/badtrk: cannot open /dev/rdsk/1sa for ioctl

	Please re-partition your disk, creating the active
	XENIX partition after the bad area on the disk.

Anyone know if there is some way to get the DOS utilities working on the
second disk without creating a XENIX partition on it?

Please reply via mail to ..!uunet!van-bc!mdavcr!dougf.

Thanks,
Doug
--
Doug Floer, MDA, Richmond, BC, Canada             ..!uunet!van-bc!mdavcr!dougf