Installing Western Digital WD8003e

Lance N. Antrim lance at embassy.nsi.com
Fri Oct 12 21:02:45 AEST 1990

I just tried to install a WD8003e card in my 80386 system.  It was set to
the factory systems (which appeared to have no conflicts with any other
board in my system), but when I rebooted the system it hung as it was
checking out the system configuration.  I know the board is OK since I
tested it in a PC/AT and ran the WD diagnostics.

After a detailed reading of the instalation notes I see a small warning
that the WD card _might_ hang the system during serial initialization,
and that the solution is to change the base memory address for the
board.  They suggest 0x240 as the location (factory setting is 0x280).

I plan on giving this a try, but before I do I would appreciate hearing
from anyone else who has had a similar problem installing the WD8003e.

Thanks
Lance