Problems with Wyse Terminals

TURNER, CLAUDE turner at fnda07.fnal.gov
Sat Oct 6 06:54:57 AEST 1990

In article <64760 at lanl.gov>, turner at fnda07.fnal.gov (TURNER, CLAUDE) writes...
<>
<>At my school we are runing a Santa Cruse Xenix system, on an IBM
<>PS2/70 and we are having trouble when we use our Wyse terminals.
<>About 60-80% of the time when we use the ls command the terminal will
<>lock, and we will have to turn it off, and on, and try again.  We are
<>using the WY60 emulation on the terminals, and in the termcap.  If you
<>need more information, let me know and I will post it/e-mail it.
<>
<>
<>	- claude (aspiring gru)
<>
<>p.s. I am not posting from my school, as we do not have a usenet, I
<>am posting from work.
<>
<>you may either e-mail, or post responses
<>

I seem to have left out some useful information, we are running the
terminals at 9600 baud, and the cables are less than 5 feet (it's a
small school).  The problem also happens, in several directories
(most/all?), and it doesn't happen _every_ time, and I cannot see any
pattern, ryhme, or reason to it, so I don't think it is control
characters in the filename, although I will check.

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

	- claude