Can't configure kernel

Harald Milne harald at boink.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 07:23:26 AEST 1990

	I hope someone can help me.

	I remember this was discussed some time last year, but I don't have the
information anymore. I remember somebody found a problem in one of the
SCO Xenix header files, that prevents the kernel linking correctly.

	I'm using SCO Xenix 2.3.2. The problem is DATA and BSS are getting
mixed together in 2 segments, and I can't seem to find a way out.

	Size reports DATA and BSS are less than 64k in size, but the link
map shows the segments are mixed. This is with ld. Usign prime2.o make no
difference.

	ld does not report any errors. ld23 reports "warning multiple data segments"
errors and links a larger then 64k DATA segment.

	I'm really in bind here, I can not rebuild my system.

--
Harald Milne                   RISCy business	       uunet!ccicpg!boink!harald