uucp call back

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Wed Oct 17 05:37:56 AEST 1990

I recently implemented the uucp 'call back' feature using SCO XENIX
2.3.3.  It doesn't.

The intention is to have a remote site call in just long enough to
drop a 'call back' and have the called system call the remote at
the next scheduled interval.  This should be done by leaving an
empty work file ("C.*") in the spool directory - the problem is
that the file is being left in /usr/spool/uucp instead of the
/usr/spool/uucp/system file.  Since the .../system directories are
being scanned for work and not the /usr/spool/uucp (as the old
uucp did) the call back never gets executed.

Is there a workaround/patch for this problem?  Something I'm
missing?

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232