help needed w/xenix

Christopher Molnar molnar at neis.UUCP
Mon Apr 15 08:25:34 AEST 1991

In article <CMM.0.90.2.671512661.ephillip at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> ephillip at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Earl W Phillips) writes:

>HELP!!! I have just obtained a TRS-80 model 12 that boots up to
>xenix. Apparently, it was a business computer, cause it requires
>a password to get in. Obviously, I don't have the password, so I
>can't use the system as is. To make matters worse, I know ZERO
>about xenix. Can anyone tell me how to beat this password thing?
>Or, does anyone have a TRS 6000+ that could make me a boot disk
>so I can rewrite the passwrd root file?

You might want to call Doug at the Fresh Meadows New York, Radio Shack
computer Center. (the district office phone number is 718-454-2240,its in
the same building) He has the same machine you have, and uses Xenix on it.
He's a STRANGE person, but will probably be glad to help. Oh, ya, don't
bother talking to the manager.... He's useless... (I used to work in that
district.)

Christopher J. Molnar                    uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!neis!molnar
New England Information Services         molnar at neis.UUCP
New England Inventory Systems            -------------------------------
345 State Street #3F                       Ask about NEIS V1.0 BBS
Albany, New York 12210                  a full function *nix BBS Package