help needed w/xenix

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Thu Apr 18 01:29:08 AEST 1991

If you have one of the older versions of Xenix for the Tandy
12/16 You can use the boot disk to run a check on /etc/passwd.
It is pretty simple to do.
     Start system with the boot disk
     when it asks if you want to initialise the HD, say NO,
       This should put you in maintainence mode.
     You'll have to establish PATH and maybe a few other shell
     variables.  You can then use vi (complete path are necessay)
    to make changes to Passwd... Make a copy of it first.
    You can remove the passwd from the file for root; shutdown
    and reboot from HD.  Proceed as normal.

I hope I remembered every thing - it has been at least 5 years
since I had to do this.
    Best....
    Scotty

AIDS INFORMATION EXCHANGE BBS      (214) 247-2367/247-5609
               "Education is the best weapon"
{mic,void,egsner}!ozdaltx!sysop || {uunet,smu,ames}!sulaco!ozdaltx!sysop