Incomplete Xenix- Help?

Alan Mintz alan at ahmcs.uucp
Mon Apr 22 02:16:04 AEST 1991

In article <72003 at eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v127p9xg at ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Robert J Miskines) writes:
$
$ I recently purchased from a friend a copy of 'Xenix Sys V Operating System
$ v2.1'. I found it to be incomplete. The disks I have are all 360k 5.25's, I
$ have:
$ 'Operating System'    B1-B3
$                       X1-X6
$ 'Games v1.0'
$ To install, I need disks N1-N5. (assuming 360k version). Disk X7 is also
$ missing. He had purchased it from someone with a 'questionable reputation',
$ so I am hesitant to try to deal with SCO.

Unfortunately, the N1 boot disk, as well as the activation key (A pink/green
/white card with a serial number and alpha-key on it) are sort of the
"proof of purchase" for XENIX. I don't think you'll have much luck updating
it without them.

I believe the current release of XENIX for 286 is 2.3.2, several revisions
after 2.1.?.
--
< Alan H. Mintz  | alan at mq.com | ...!uunet!ahmcs!alan >