Incomplete Xenix- Help?

Robert J Miskines v127p9xg at ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu
Sat Apr 20 11:40:14 AEST 1991

I recently purchased from a friend a copy of 'Xenix Sys V Operating System
v2.1'. I found it to be incomplete. The disks I have are all 360k 5.25's, I
have:

'Operating System'    B1-B3
                      X1-X6

'Games v1.0'

To install, I need disks N1-N5. (assuming 360k version). Disk X7 is also
missing. He had purchased it from someone with a 'questionable reputation',
so I am hesitant to try to deal with SCO.

A few questions.. some very basic, one case-specific.

Does Xenix have (or have available) the option to open a 'Dos Window', so I can
run more than one MS-DOS task at once?

I have 4 megs on my '286. I assume no problems accessing this extended mem?

If the responses to the above are favorable.. Id like to install this.. Any
suggestions on where I could purchase <JUST> the needed disks?

I hear V2.1 is old.. are the updates significant enough to warrant jdumping
this whole ver and buying a new copy?

Robert J Miskines
V127P9XG @ ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
V127P9XG @ UBVMS.BITNET