Dial-in and Dial-out on same line

Connor MacLeod macleod at cmllab.rgb.sub.org
Thu Mar 7 03:56:56 AEST 1991

In article <340 at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US>
wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US (Warren Tucker) wrote:

| In article <1826 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
| >In article <1991Jan31.065819.28093 at odbffm.incom.de> oli at odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
| >>To install a modem for both in-and out-dial use you have to assign the
| >>/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty process to it
| >	$ ls -l /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty
| >	/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty not found
| >Sorry.
|
| A XENIX without uugetty sounds like XENIX System III or some earlier
| product with Version 2 UUCP.  I thought uugetty had been around for
| a long time (I saw it in SCO 2.0.6, I foggily remember).

Well, I've had a look at the 2.3.1, 2.3.2 and the 2.3.3 SCO X releases.
There's no uugetty around...

The first system of SCO having the uugetty is SCO UNIX 3.2.0.
(Perhaps the friendly sysop added the uugetty to the system mentioned
 above?)

Anyway... The getty of SCO X should do both in and out dialing.
The only problem I know is when using the International Supplement
for SCO X the getty gets kinda broken.
(The original getty of the OS is overwritten by the one from the IS :(
 and the "new" one isn't able to handle in _and_ out dials...)

But this problem should not occur outta Europe.
(Who else has to use the IS???
 Ever heard of "funny umlauts"? <sigh>)

--
Uwe Obst             # {connor|macleod}@cmllab.rgb.sub.org
(aka Connor MacLeod) # "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" -- Sledge Hammer