Dial-in and Dial-out on same line

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Fri Mar 8 02:37:38 AEST 1991

macleod at cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) writes:

>Well, I've had a look at the 2.3.1, 2.3.2 and the 2.3.3 SCO X releases.
>There's no uugetty around...

	While SCO included their implementation of HDB UUCP beginning with
version 2.3, it did *not* include a uugetty. Instead, they included a getty
program with the essential functionality of uugetty. (I use it on my home
box with but one modem, so I know it works.)

>The first system of SCO having the uugetty is SCO UNIX 3.2.0.

	True. If one tried to use getty, as had been done under Xenix, it
wouldn't work.