Multiview - What is it? (comp.unix.xenix.dumb.questions)

Joe Moss joe at morton.rain.COM
Thu Mar 28 08:31:41 AEST 1991

This seems like something of general enough interest to
justify a post  rather than an E-mail response.

>From the "SCO Multiview User's Guide" (pg 1-1):

	SCO MultiView(tm) is a simple-to-use windowing system that
	allows you to run a number of applications or utilities while
	sharing the same screen.  Each application window can be
	tailored to occupy part or all of the screen.  Application
	windows can be overlaid, or they can be placed next to each
	other in tiled format.  From SCO MultiView Window Manager,
	you can select the window into which keyboard input is entered,
	which becomes the current window, as well as functions to
	reshape, zoom or reduce, and move windows.

Basically its a windowing system for ASCII terminals, that includes
configurable menus, cut & paste between windows, and some mini-apps
(called Desk Accessories to be precise) such as an Address Book,
Scratchpad, and such.  IT ALSO LET'S YOU BIND KEYS TO FUNCTIONS, SO
THAT YOU CAN HAVE HOT KEYS, LIKE YOU WANT.

Price: $395 List (I think)   Call a few discount software houses for
a better price.

If you'd like a more detailed description, just let me know.

Joe V. Moss                             |  joe at morton.rain.com
Morton & Associates                     |  joe at aardvark.pdx.com
Tualatin, OR 97062-9277                 |  joem at m2xenix.psg.com
 --- Insert your favorite quote here (but don't quote me on it) ---