Multiview - What is it? (comp.unix.xenix.dumb.questions)

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Tue Mar 26 10:47:39 AEST 1991

dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:

>When I asked for a printscreen utility, someone referred me to Multiview.
>
>What is it, and how much will it cost me?

MultiView is a windowing package that uses pseudo-ttys for character-based
terminals and consoles.  We've used it here extensively, and SCO used it
as the basis for Office Portfolio.  It permits multiple windows to be
active simultaneously, either fullscreen or reduced (although not, of course,
scaled!).

I love it.  I've got a mail window, news window, a shell on the local
machine and a shell on a remote machine at all times.  I put up and drop
other windows as necessary.

I think it's about $295 or $395 list price.  WELL worth it.  It's available
as SCO MultiView from SCO and their distributors.