VP/ix questions

Ed Drury edrury at percy.rain.com
Wed Mar 27 20:22:09 AEST 1991

 I am trying to get an application to run under VPIX which needs to use
16K area of memory starting at any of the following addresses (at least
according to the documentation and their tech support guy) :

  C000
  C400
  C800
  CC00
  D000
  D400
  D800
  DC00

 This product provides a program to check this locations and tell you
if they are unused , possibly unused or definately used. According to
it,they all are used. I tried each one , one by one in case the program
was simply fooled and sure enough, all my attempts failed. We're out of
soft support , so SCO wants $100 before I can even ask them how to proceed
to get this devices software working, or even if it's possible. Any
ideas, tips or tricks would be ever so welcome. I will probably just
give up on using this device as I don't really have an idea how to proceed
without trying to write my own drivers for it (not really an option).

 All I really want to know is are these addresses totally unavailable
even through a dda or do I have a conflict in there with something which
has been added into the vpix kernel (no doubt by me).

   Thanks,

	Ed

--
      Ed Drury