Xenix-Net and TCP/IP

Marcel Mongeon Admin marcelm at joymrmn.uucp
Tue Mar 26 07:49:14 AEST 1991

I am probably one of only four people out there using Xenix-Net but
right now I'm too lazy to try and change to NFS -- so please don't
respond that my answer is NFS.  Besides, I don't wan't to switch to
UNIX right now.

The question is:  I am using Xenix-Net with Excelan 205T boards.  I also
have SCO TCP/IP sitting around that I haven't really done anything with
yet.  If I get the TCP/IP going under Xenix on another computer on the
LAN, can I make Xenix-Net work over the TCP/IP.  I need to be able to do
this because the Excelan implementation runs NetBios over TCP/IP (The
TCP/IP being very well provided bu the Excelan board and software).  I have
some spare WD Ethernet boards and if I load Xenix-Net just using the regular
WD driver, it only provides NetBios as run on a PC-LAN implemenmtation (ie.
*NOT* over TCP/IP).