WordPerfect 5.0 on SCO

Alan Morrison alanm at pnet01.cts.com
Tue May 7 13:16:02 AEST 1991

I just had the 'pleasure' of installing WP 5.0 on a SCO 386 machine, what fun!

Anyway the terminals are somewhat less than a perfect representation of what
the document contains.  I believe the TERM variables are the culprit but could
use the expertise of someone who has gone through this installation.

All the terminals in use will do a Wyse 50 emulation and are already setup for
this on other applications.  However the reveal codes doesn't reveal any
codes, (blank screen) and bold, underline, etc. show as inverse video.

The WPTERM variable is set as wyse50 according to the manual but the terminals
are different brands each doing a wyse50 or wyse50+ emulation.  If anyone is
using WP with wyse 50 emulation please let me know how your setup deviates
from the default setup.  Or do I need a different emulation for best results?

Thanks in advance....          Alan Morrison
                               {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!alanm

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!alanm
ARPA: crash!pnet01!alanm at nosc.mil
INET: alanm at pnet01.cts.com