PROBLEM WITH MKUSER - SECURITY

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Tue May 7 11:48:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr30.064959.1532 at netcom.COM> bobb at netcom.COM (Bob Beaulieu) writes:
}I have a client that had a lot of users (80+) in the same group "group1"
}and added '\' to allow entry of ALL of these users because of limits in
}line lengths.

[description of the resulting disaster deleted]

}
}bobb
}

Like the man says, don't *do* that!  You should never use
continuation characters in /etc/group: nothing that manipulates
it understands them.  Instead use multiple lines with the same
group name:

    group1::60:user1,user2,user3
    group1::60:user4,user5,user6

This should work just fine.

-
Paul Zola			Support Technical Lead, Operating System
				paulz at sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.