Xenix-Digiboard Problems

Tom Jenkins tomj at pnet16.cts.com
Mon May 27 06:17:28 AEST 1991

HELP!  Need hints (Xenix hangs with Digiboard)

I've got a problem you may be able to help me out with.  Equipment
configuration follows.  The problem is that our Xenix system hangs
every two-three weeks for no apparent reason.  I have to manually
reboot to clean up the filesystems.  Keyboard on the host locks up
and although our 8 dial-in lines answer the incoming call, no login
prompt.  Everything just seems to freeze.

I can't take out the Digiboard since the system is used online and
can't be off.

This has been ongoing for more than a year, and I've changed out:
Motherboard, Digiboard, Power Supply, VGA Card, Monitor and Hard
drive (used to have a 100M Toshiba, same thing)

I've tried different memory (high and low) combinations on the Digiboard,
with no success (I/O port 0x320, Memory Address's of F00000 and D0000)

I'm running V4.6.0 on Digiboard software and standard Xenix drivers for
the Archive.

DTK 80386 at 25Mhz with 64K cache, 4M Ram
330M Imprimus EDSI, 1.2M Floppy
PC/Xe Digiboard 8 Port Serial I/O (7 ea PM2400SA Practical Perhipherals)
                                  (1 ea T2500 Telebit Trailblazer)
Archive 60M Tape Drive
Relisys VGA with ATI WonderCard
NO printer

Tailing our /usr/adm/messages:

                             SCO  XENIX  SYSTEM  V

               Portions Copyright 1980-88 Microsoft Corporation.
           Portions Copyright 1983-88 The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
                              All rights reserved.
           Use, duplication, and disclosure are subject to the terms
                   stated in the customer license agreement.
              SCO is a trademark of The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
           XENIX is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.

        SysV release 2.3.2 kid 5.22 for i80386 Serial Number: xxxXXXXXX

A10 bits of I/O address decoding
Fri May 10 15:30:32

device    address       vector  dma   comment
%floppy   0x3F2-0x3F7   06      2     unit=0 type=96ds15
%tape     0x220-0x224   05      3     type=A
%pcxx     0x00000320    -       -     mem=0x000D0000 ports=8  PC/Xe  V4.6.0
%console  -             -       -     unit=vga type=0
%disk     0x1F0-0x1F7    36      -    type=W0 unit=0 cyls=1410 hds=13 secs=34
Autoboot from rootdev 1/40, pipedev 1/40, swapdev 1/41
Fri May 10 15:30:33
mem: total = 4096k, reserved = 4k, kernel = 1164k, user = 2928k
kernel: drivers = 0k, 12 screens = 68k, 507 i/o bufs = 507k, msg bufs = 8k
nswap = 15000, swplo = 0, Hz = 50, maximum user process size = 7428k
Wed May 15 10:30:31

Anyone have any other hints?

--Tom

(UUCP: ...!nosc!humu!nctams1!tomj)