Using cu with rz/sz? Can't be done?

Bob Smith bob at wizard.uucp
Tue May 14 16:33:06 AEST 1991

In <678 at genco.bungi.com> dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:

>I have tried all sorts of contortions to get rz/sz to work from within cu,
>with no luck.  Any ideas?

The question is not too specific, but my answer assumes you can't exec
'rz' or 'sz' from within 'cu'???

While in cu, type the following sequence to get a 'Local command:' prompt:

        <cr>~C

that is...

        <carriage-return><tilde><upper-case 'C'>

You should then get a 'Local command:' prompt where you then enter your 'rz'
or 'sz' command as appropriate.

The 'carriage-return' may or may not be required as things go...  But is
a guarentee for 'cu' (or 'tip') to know that you are at column '1' (even
though your cursor may be elsewhere).  'cu' and 'tip' only except 'tilde'
sequences from column '1'.

If your problem is that you can exec 'rz/sz', but you get no file when
'rz' is done, or 'sz' won't actually send a file.  Try finding a newer
version, I had these kinds of problems intermittently with a really old
version of the programs.

Hope this helps.

--
                         /     Bob Smith     \