dell tape drive wi

david arbuthnot david.arbuthnot at canrem.uucp
Fri May 10 04:15:15 AEST 1991

I am having similar problems running a Tense Legacy 150 tape drive
on a HP Vectra RS25C under Xenix 2.3.x.

We are constantly having problems with tar locking up or messages
such as :

cannot find rct0, assuming xct0  (not exact message but close)

We have also had the problem when Xenix boots saying that it couldn't
find any tape controller yet everything is configured properly.

Do you know (or anyone else) if that fix will solve these types of
problems ?

As a side note, when we switched from the Legacy 45/60 to the 150, the
tape drive had to be powered on before you boot xenix or it would never
recognize the tape controller.  This was never the case with the 45/60.

David A.

email
         uucp : canrem!david.arbuthnot
     internet : david.arbuthnot%canrem.uucp at lsuc.on.ca
       others : david.arbuthnot at canrem.uucp
---
 þ DeLuxeý 1.1 #8381 þ Now using Qmail DeLuxeý...and loving it!
--
Canada Remote Systems.  Toronto, Ontario
NorthAmeriNet Host