xnx155b munges uucp system names

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Wed May 1 03:06:45 AEST 1991

In article <1967 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>In article <1320 at bbx.basis.com> russ at bbx.basis.com (Russ Kepler) writes:
>>I just installed xnx155b and found, to my distaste, that SCO has
>>managed to attempt to limit all outgoing and incoming system names to
>>7 characters.  [...] Am I alone in being all pissed off 'cause
>>I had to changes Systems, Permissions, half of /usr/lib/news, etc.?
>
>Possibly - I have no idea why you had to change all that stuff.

We figured it out while talking to SCO Support.  It seems that I had
many of the SLS fixes, and had installed VP/ix.  This made the system
report version 2.3.3 as being installed: but we had never added update
R.

Adding update R added the truncating versions of uux, etc.  All seems
to be OK, so far.  I'll put the system names back and see what happens.

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232