Request for help in adding terminals to XENIX

grr at cbmvax.UUCP grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Sun Feb 1 04:44:18 AEST 1987

In article <459 at catnip.UUCP> ben at catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) writes:
>In article <1157 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen at kbsvax.UUCP (william E Davidsen) writes:
>>I just wish wish Xenix supported 19.2kb...
>
>I notice that you can specify a baud rate of EXTA or EXTB to either stty
>or getty.  These are not well documented in the manuals.  I have tried
>sttying to them, but they don't currently represent any baud rate supported
>by my terminal.  Anybody know what these are for?  Maybe it is possible to
>define one of these to be 19200?
>Ben Broder {ihnp4,decvax} !hjuxa!catnip!ben

In the 'real world' if you have 19,200 BPS, it takes the place of, or is
equivalent to EXTA.  On the old PDP-11 interfaces just had a '1 of n'
selection where EXTA and EXTB didn't have assigned speeds, but could be
jumpered to random bit-rates.  On the PC, the rates are established by
then you should be able to patch the divisor table to suit...
but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at seismo.css.GOV