Request for help in adding terminals to XENIX

baron at transys.UUCP baron at transys.UUCP
Tue Feb 3 09:27:35 AEST 1987

In article <1157 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen at kbsvax.UUCP (william E Davidsen) writes:
>In article <267 at rabbit1.UUCP> barber at rabbit1.UUCP (Steve Barber) writes:
>>I run uucp connections into PC/ATs at 4800 baud, since the darn things
>>fail at higher speeds due to many dropped characters.  Does anyone know
>>of a driver or driver/hardware pair that will sustain input to XENIX
>>without dropping characters into the bit bucket at speeds greater than
>>1200 baud?
>
>I'm not sure what problems you're having with dropped characters. I get
>my uucp feed from a VAX at 9600, and have run 9600 modems for testing.
>Not only do I not get dropped characters, but I have done 9600 modem
>connections while the uucp was running. I gave up on 9600 modems for
>other reasons, but I haven't seen any dropped characters. I'm running
>one AST ATvantage (sp?) board and one old IBM serial I snarfed from an
>XT. I just wish wish Xenix supported 19.2kb...

	It will, just get a Computone ATvantage-X board. The driver
	supports 19,200 and 38,400 as speed EXTA and EXTB respectively.
	This is on SCO Xenix on an AT. I have nine of them, I love em.
--
These are my own opinions, not those of my employer (self),
or any one connected with the company (mine)