2.11 News on XENIX V

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sat Mar 7 12:35:21 AEST 1987

In article <196 at axis.UUCP> philip at axis.UUCP writes:
:I have compiled in small mode (ie sizeof(int) == sizeof (int *)).
:Everthing compiles except compress (surprise !), nothing works.

One little gotcha that slowed me down quite a bit - rnews forks to a copy
of itself, at least when unbatching.  Turns out the copy of rnews that
was doing most of the work was not the one I had just compiled, and the
two versions didn't speak the same language.

I have 2.11 and rn working fairly well now, except for three problems:
	1.  cross posted articles appear N times, once per newsgroup
	2.  next article access becomes quadratic when there are many
articles in the newsgroup.
	3.  mail reply and followup to moderated groups rarely works.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX Author of Pro-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf  Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
  17505-V Northwest Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231  Voice: 503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746 2400/1200  CIS:70007,2304  Genie:CAF  Source:TCE022
  omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
  omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly