2.11 News on XENIX V

cgf at ednor.UUCP cgf at ednor.UUCP
Wed Mar 11 06:09:15 AEST 1987

[]
I also have news 2.11 running with little problem.  I don't remember having
to do anything special besides setting up the stack size to 3000, small
model, 286 code. Anybody is welcome to my localize.sh file.

The compress distributed with 2.11 also compiles with little problem if you
ignore the conditionals for XENIX and put a "huge" in front of the codetab
array and any pointers referencing it.  I can probably send diffs for this
if anybody wants.

I have had some problems with expire when I had a parity error in the middle
of unbatching some news.  I did an "expire -r" to rebuild my history files
and ran out of memory.  Guess expire might have to be a medium model program.

I had to do a little more tweaking to "rn" and it is still not right.
Compiling as a medium model it sometimes runs out of memory doing article
cacheing.  Compiling as a large model solves this, but now sometimes it
segmentation faults at inopportune times.  Anybody have rn working perfectly?
--
			-Chris Faylor-
{harvard,decvax}!wanginst!ednor!cgf