compress program on SCO Xenix

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Mon Mar 16 09:32:36 AEST 1987

In article <1279 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen at kbsvax.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
:I have the full functionality of compress working on SCO. I got
:the fixes from someone on the net, I think at SCO. I would be
:willing to mail to a few people, but my mailer get upset if I
:mail too much, and I might have to post it or put it on my BBS.
:It's in small model with huge extensions. Source is ~40K without
:the atob, etc, which comes with the package as posted.

Sorry to post this, but the return path from here is quite unlikely to work.

Why not post it to this group, or mail it to me, and I can check it on
the one file I have that chokes the current large model compress.  I think
the problem arises when trying to compress binary files.  Try to compress
a copy of /xenix, then uncompress it to see if 1) something core dumps 2)
the resulting file is modified.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX Author of Pro-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf  Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
  17505-V Northwest Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231  Voice: 503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746 2400/1200  CIS:70007,2304  Genie:CAF  Source:TCE022
  omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
  omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly