Daylight Savings on SCO Xenix

Fred Rump fred at cdin-1.uucp
Mon Apr 11 09:33:13 AEST 1988

In article <564 at lakesys.UUCP>, steven at lakesys.UUCP (Steven Goodman) writes:
> In article <165 at turnkey.TCC.COM> jack at turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) writes:
> >In article <YWJzoRy00Xo7Q9THs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
>
>         Yes -  I went to check out the clocks in the house and the
>         SCO clock was the only one with the correct time on it.
>         This was a nice feeling - at work with MegaExpensive AT&T
>         3B15's running I was forced to change all the clocks around
>         campus.  Here at home with my  little  o' 386 box everything
>         was  what  it should be.  Attention to detail?
>         Good  work  SCO.
> Steven M. Goodman

And here I thought none of our users (60+ 286/386 SCO xenix systems) ever
looked at their systems clock and that simply nobody bothered to call.
I was wondering what all the hullabaloo about resetting time was all about
out there in UNIX land.
Now realistically, they don't worry about the time anyway. The boxes are
never shut off and some have been running for about three years now. They
just use those suckers.
Fred Rump
Philly